Learn how to tie Garrison Doctor’s signature Umpqua pattern, the Sweetmeat Caddis Deep!
The Sweetmeat Caddis is a Umpqua signature pattern designed by Garrison Doctor. The pattern is a great attractor pattern and is best fished when there is an abundance of Caddis in the water. In this weeks episode, Garrison is showing us how to tie up the “Lime” version of this pattern. We encourage you to enjoy the video and try tying up the Sweetmeat Caddis and test them our next time you’re fishing your favorite water; we know you won’t be disappointed.
Ingredients & Recipe
- Hook – Umpqua 450 BL Size 16
- Bead- Slotted Tungsten Gold Bead 3.3 or 3.2 or 1/8″)
- Thread- UNI 8/0 Olive
- Wire- UTC Wire, Golden Olive, Brassie
- Dubbin- Hareline Ice Dub, UV Brown
- Wings- Hareline CDC Feathers, Natural Dun
- Antenna- Teal Flank Feather or Mallard
- Vise – Mongoose Vice
- Scissors – Dr. Slick Arrow Point
- Bodkin – Rising Stout Bodkin
- Whip Finish – Tiemco Midge Whip Finish
- Tool Kit – Loon Tool Kit