In this week’s episode of Tying Tuesdays, watch as Brady ties the Missing Link Caddis!
The Missing Link Caddis was developed by Mike Mercer to fill the need for a spent Caddis imitation. A Caddis life cycle differs from Mayflies in the fact that they live much longer as adults. Therefore, they are not repeating the hatch to spinner/spent cycle as frequently. This leaves the spent caddis stage somewhat ignored by anglers and tyers. The Missing Link Caddis gives us the solution to offer a spot-on imitation for when the caddis life cycle finally comes to an end. When we talk about having rising fish refuse your dries we typically recommend fishing an emerger, but sometimes it is the opposite. If a standard Elk Hair Caddis or other adult caddis is being refused, give this one a try and you will be pleased.
Ingredients & Recipe
- Hook – Tiemco 2302
- Thread – UTC 70D Light Olive
- Ribbing – Semperfli Perdigon Body Iridescent Purple
- Thorax – Olive Brown Ice Dub
- Spent Wing – Sparkle Emerger Yarn Cream
- Hackle – Whiting Farms 100 Packs or Cape – Golden Badger
- Wing – Bleached Elk Hair
- Vise – Griffin Montana Mongoose