In this week’s episode of Tying Tuesdays, watch as Brady ties the Hot Wire Prince!
If a Prince Nymph is your confidence fly but you need it to get down quicker, look no further than the hot wire prince. This pattern is a brilliant combination of the all-time great Copper John and classic Prince Nymph. If you have experience tying either pattern, the Hot Wire Prince will be no trouble. Our variation features a chartreuse and hot yellow body. This combo creates a bug that will work great as a yellow sally imitation while also crossing over slightly into the caddis world. With all the color options available to the tying world these days it is easy to mix up the colors to match the specific bugs in your river.
Ingredients & Recipe
- Hook – TMC 5262 12 – 18
- Bead – Hareline Tungsten – 7/64 Gold
- Thread – UTC 70 Black
- Tail – Wapsi Goose Biots – Dark Brown
- Body – UTC Ultra Wire – Brassie Size, Yellow and Chartreuse
- Thorax – Peacock Herl
- Hackle – Brown Cape or Saddle
- Wing Bud – Wapsi Goose Biots – White
- Vise – Griffin Montana Mongoose