The Thread Frenchie, a take on the classic Frenchie a very well-known Euro style fly is a great way to get a super slim bodied Euro style fly. This fly has evolved thanks to Lance Egan of Fly Fish Food and for good reason. Not only is it a more durable option and offers a tight slim profile but the cured body and weighted head help to get it down in the zone fast.
The sky is the limit with this fly as it can be tied in a variety of sizes, colors and weights. Not only that but it can be fished in a variety of rigging styles. Weather you prefer the traditional euro method, want to fish it under an indicator or even tie it on under a dropper fly. With a good drift it will fool even the most selective trout.
- Hook – Umpqua Competition C400BL 12-18
- Thread – Veevus 16/0 Olive / Veevus – 16/0 Fluorescent Orange
- Bead – Tungsten Slotted Copper
- Ribbing – UTC XS Copper Wire
- Collar – UV Ice Dub Hot Orange
- Tail – Whiting Farms Coq De Leon Medium Pardo
- Vise – Griffin Mongoose
- Scissors – Dr. Slick Micro Tip Razor Scissors
- Bodkin – Rising Stout Bodkin
- Whip Finish – Dr. Slick Brass Whip Finish