When you want a dry fly that has a little more pizazz to it than a traditional parachute pattern you add biots. Not only does this provide a super elegant finished fly but it offers some aspects that you don’t get from a dubbed body. With a biot abdomen you end up with a perfectly segmented smooth body.
This allows for less weight and a fly that can slip slightly below the surface tension while fished. Change up your color and size to match a wide array of mayflies, midges and small stoneflies. Depending on what size and color you tie will also determine how you fish it. Smaller sizes are fished best behind a larger dry or small indicator to help pick up on those subtle strikes.
- Hook – Tiemco TMC 100 16-24
- Thread – Uni 8/0 Lt Cahill
- Tail/Hackle – Whiting Farms High and Dry Light Dun
- Abdomen – Turkey Biot Yellowish Tan
- Thorax – Superfine Dubbing Light Cahill
- Parachute Post – Calf Body Hair White