The Two Bit Midge is yet another excellent pattern created by Umpqua tyer Charlie Craven. This fly was designed to sink quick and get down to those picky tailwater trout here in CO. The two bit midge is new to the Umpqua flies and will be showing up in fly shops through out 2020.
My favorite colors to tie this in are red, olive, and black. This fly is a great midge imitation when you are fishing deep slow pools in the winter. This is also a great fly to run as a dropper in the summer months.
- First Bead: Tungsten 2.0MM (5/64) Nickel
- Second Bead: 2.0MM (5/64″) MFC Lucent Bead Blood Red
- Thread: UTC Red 70 Denier
- Body: Micro Tubing Blood Red
- UV cure: Loon UV Finish Red