Maybe one of the most well know euro style flies, the Frenchie developed its popularity for good reason. It catches loads of fish. Not only that but it is quick and easy to whip this pattern out at the vise. Using one of my favorite materials, pheasant tail fiber and tied with a simple hot spot collar this fly is lights out.
Even though it’s a euro fly, don’t let that stop you from fishing it under an indicator or as a dropper nymph with a heavy dry to hold it up. If you don’t know now you know.
- Hook – Umpqua Competition C400BL 12-18
- Thread – Veevus 16/0 Fluorocent Orange
- Tail – Pheasant Tail Chocolate Brown
- Ribbing – UTC Ultra Wire Small Copper
- Body – Pheasant Tail Chocolate Brown
- Collar – UV Ice Dub Rust