How to tie a Micro Meat
Small jig streamers seem to be all the rage. So why not size down John Barr’s Meat Whistle? The Super Jig Heads seemed like an obvious place to start. From there the rest is easy, down size proportions and materials and voila! A Micro Meat Whistle. This fly is great on the bottom of a heavy euro rig, bumped along under an indicator in a deep dark hole or on a tradition streamer setup. Fun to tie and fish!
Ingredients & Recipe
- Hook- Wapis Super Jig or Hareline Voodoo Lead Jighead
- Thread – Danville 140 Purple
- Underbody/Flash- Kreelex Red
- Body/Tail – Pine Squirrel Zonker Purple
- Collar – Pine Squirrel Purple, Barred Schlappen Purple, and Senyos Laser Dub Purple