How to tie Kyle’s Killer Caddis
Check out this AvidMax exclusive pattern created by our very own Kyle Schraeder. This fly is perfect in tailwaters or anywhere you find cased caddis. It doesn’t matter if you are a guide or a weekend tailwater junkie; this fly is a must-have in your box. One of the awesome features of this fly is how easy it is to tie. We encourage you to get creative with the pattern; try adding weight or even tying this pattern on a jig hook. Regardless, this is an amazing caddis pattern that you should try out this summer.
Ingredients & Recipe
- Hook – Ahrex FW 530 Size 14-18
- Thread – 6/0 UNI Thread, Black
- Body – Dirty Bug Yarn – Mottled Dark Green
- Collar- Hends Spectra Dub
- Bead- Tungsten 7/64 Black