In this week’s episode of Tying Tuesdays, watch as Max ties The Improved Russian River Fly.
“The Russian River and a section on the Upper Kenai River are considered “fly-fishing only” waters from June through August. The classic Russian river fly is simply some bucktail tied in bright colors on a long shank hook. This is an improved version because it is tied on the super sharp, Umpqua XS410 that holds fish exceptionally well. It is more durable, and is sure to find its way into the mouth of some Sockeye. Mess with different bright colors and hold on to the rod tight.”
Ingredients & Recipe
- Hook – Umpqua X-Series XS410 NI5x Saltwater All-Purpose Hook (Size: 1/0)
- Thread – Veevus GSP (100D 75m)
- Body – Hareline Cactus Chennile (Chartruse)
- Collar – Hareline Polar Reflector Flash Chenille (Chartreuse)
- Tail – Hareline Krystal Flash (Pearl)